Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Just a reminder...

This post is going to need some additional information to understand. My grandma passed away about a year and a half ago, and I miss her terribly. She was one who sent cards for every occasion and it was always  nice to get them. Well back at the end of December, a card I got from her was found and it had some money still in it. I was such a sweet surprise to find and I wanted to do something special with it. Over the weekend I decided what I wanted to do with it, and made a build a bear with it. You may think, Amy you're 26 years old what are you going to do with a stuffed bear? I happen to love stuffed animals and I wanted to do something that would be a good reminder of her for me. I got a white bear that is incredibly soft, and there was a teal colored shirt that had a hummingbird and flower on it. I remember Mamaw wearing a lot of teal, and I always thought it looked good on her, and she loved hummingbirds. She always had her feed out there for them. I have encountered a couple of hummingbirds within the last year and cannot help but think of her. I think it is the best way to have a constant reminder of her, and can keep it with me always. Whenever I want talk to her or hug her I now can. :) So...meet Francey


No comments:

Post a Comment